Wednesday, November 20, 2013

INSPIRATIONAL SERIES: WHY WE FIND IT HARD TO SPEND MONEY



On my way back from a journey in Lagos state Nigeria I met up with an experience that made me understand the reason people find it hard to ditch their financial gains.  

Two brothers where observing their routine (driving and conducting a bus) when I got stuck in the middle of the road while gazing at the beautiful road networks that are being created by Lagos state government under the regime of governor Babatunde Raji Fashola so we drove ahead of my bus stop. I couldn’t recognize some places, then suddenly and as if by impulse, I decided to let the conductor into my situation just in case I got to the bus-stop, unknown to me that I had crossed my bus stop few minutes ago wow! How could I? Perhaps it was expedience needed to gain a real experience that would change my view of people who find it hard spending money in ways I felt was usual.

After the shock and surprise and with the help of passengers on that particular bus I was able to get directions on how to retrace my way back to the destination that I was headed for where I met my  new teachers in the ‘university of life’.

With life being mean; I thought I was the only person who truly knows what suffering has been about, unknown to me that I will meet my teachers in the University of Life and they happened to be two brothers.  One drove while the other took the role of a conductor. It was obvious that these guys are bright but yes! Life can be so unfair so they had to work and since jobs are not readily available they had to take the alternative which is making money through a semi rickety bus their dad left to them in the city of lagos.

I got into the bus after following a good description as the first passenger. I sat down patiently and we all waited for the bus to get filled up majorly because I may not find another bus easily and with that I was able to get the full gist about these men.

The fear of the Lagos state traffic management agency (LASTMA) let them with no choice but to take the longer route. After a few minutes’ drive we got to Orile car park just to make it easy getting the bus filled up with passengers. That was when I understood how difficult it has been with people. Since the driver had to come down to secure his vehicle tire when a tax collector came to impose a levy on him, I was able to catch a full glance at him. He was on a completely turn short and a shirt that is not worthy of being worn on the street. And of course the younger brother was not left out, he always imposed it on the ever difficult  brother to give it his best though that was in most occasion as difficult as allowing a hot pot of stew on your lap.

The driver got down from the steering part filled with anger of the day and promising any tress passer of a beautiful knock down if they ever let it happen. Who wants a swollen gum? So we left the car park with a filled up bus.

As we set for the rest of our journey a thought continued to bother on my mind and I asked myself what a young man of about twenty seven was doing with a rickety bus, and a turn trouser? But the truth later occurred to me. Money is a very difficult essential commodity that requires you to be wise in other to get it. Work more to get more of it, spend less to save it and remain creative and focused in what yields you income to sustain it. I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave your comments inside the box